Monday, October 16, 2006

Is it Monday already...?

Well I didn't have time this weekend to fix the damn comments. I didn't even have time to blog. Too busy dying of heat exhaustion...

It was MrB's birthday yesterday, and so we had some old, old (but not as old as MrB) friends over for dinner on Sat night. The kitchen's where I do my thing, where I can show people how much I love and adore them... I'm pretty much a grumpy cow at the moment, but if I can cook someone a yummy dinner, then it goes someway to making amends. I hope.
Anyways, we had smoked salmon on rye; pancetta on sourdough; artichoke & green olive tapenade and pepperdews filled with pesto for starters. Then TheClergyWife did the honours and cooked New York steaks on the BBQ. We had Caramalised Onions, Roasted Tomatoes and Tarteflette (sp?) a Swiss potato bake with lumps of speck and raclette cheese. So very very good. I do believe RevJ ate her body weight in potato... and then blamed us for leaving it in front of her...!
Dessert was a flourless chocolate cake. And here's a tip, from the goodness of my heart... if it's 37C in the kitchen without the oven on, a fourless chocolate ain't going to set. It's just going to stay warm fudgy mousse. Which is kinda OK. It's still yummy, just not so pretty on the cake stand...

Misses H, I & O spent the weekend with my parents, down at the Farm in Berry. That left Miss M, who had us all to herself. And she didn't shut up. The Entire Weekend. We went shopping, she stayed up for dinner, she had a glass of bubbly and OJ and felt very grown up indeed.
She was a little perturbed however, at the number of complete strangers who commented on her chickenpox...
Miss M: "How do they know I've had chickenpox?"
Me: "Probably the hundreds of angry red scabs all over your face. And the fact that if you joined up the dots it would spell 'Unclean! Unclean!'"
Miss M: "Oh. Well. They still don't need to keep pointing it out..."

School's Back! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home