Saturday, April 01, 2006

About Me

* Definitely not 100 things, because no-one needs to read that.

  • I was born in a Northern Town in the UK in 1973. I have a little sister and a little brother. They continue to annoy the crap out of me, despite the grey hairs and 'responsibility' we're all acquiring.
  • I seriously considered doing the world a favour and eliminating the Brother when I was 17. He was a truly foul teenager. I won't attempt this now, as he could kill me with his little finger.
  • I got married at 21, a month before my thesis was due. Strangely 'Welsh Political Nationalism: 1880 - 1939' became less compelling the closer the Wedding Day got. I still managed to hand it in on time. This is even more remarkable if you consider the fact that I didn't manage to submit any of my previous essays on time.
  • 13 years later, MrB and I have separated. No-one needs to know why, these things, they kinda just happen. It's sad. This is not trivialising anything.
  • We have four little girls. Miss M (born 1997), Miss H (born 1999), Misses I & O (born 2004). Even Inigo the Russian Blue is an 'it'.
  • We live in a gorgeous converted Brethren Chapel in Bulli. We had expansive views of the ocean and the escarpment until the trees in the reserve behind our place grew massive, and yet unsuprisingly I still feel utterly blessed.
  • I became a Christian when I was 18. I never was any good at rebelling.
  • God and I are having issues at the moment. Well, He's not. I am. We'll be fine when I get over this little tantrum I'm throwing.
  • Although I love my curly girls more than life itself, I have been battling depression since Miss M was born. This too will pass. It's not an excuse.
  • I have an obsession with all things Welsh and Finnish.
  • I have green eyes. They used to be an attractive shade of sludge, then I grew up.
  • I adore Charlotte and Anne Bronte, but Emily leaves me with a desire to slap someone.

That's me in a nutshell. Take it as you will.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

My family's from Wales! We even used to have a Corgi.

30/11/06 9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re depression: Tried meds? They changed my life (I know, I know, sounds like I found Jesus, except I'm Jewish).

Also, forgive my geographic ignorance, but I can't get a handle on where you live. England? Australia?

8/4/08 4:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home