Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thoughts from the Desk, Unanderra-style

Am so sleepy....

My little brother needs a hug...

I'm girl-crushing across the universe...

Am having nothing whatsoever to do with this whole Georgia/Russia/South Ossettia thing... because I came out of the conference fug to discover this war going down, and I'm not one for coming in halfway through a series. As far as I'm concerned, it ain't happening until someone sends me the youtube clips so I can catch up...

Is it too late to go get hot chips for lunch? Do I really want hot chips for lunch? By the time I've made up my mind, it'll be too late, I just know it.

Aw crap...

Peanut butter on toasted muffins it is, I guess...

Mmmmmm.... Black Jacks...

Ewwww.... Bank Reconciliations...

1 Cor 7??? NEXT!

5 Comments:

Blogger I'm not Craig said...

You may be aware, young lady, that comments that could be interpretted as a little dismissive of 1 Cor 7 will do nothing whatsoever to douse the fires of speculation that have been cheerfully blazing since the spark of Notes From a Random Tuesday ignited the tinderbox of readers' minds.

I suspect you knew this and you're giggling right now.

16/8/08 8:23 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

Heee INC - I knew you were the only one who would get the Cor ref... and yeah, I choose to be dismissive of it because a) it's Paul and b) it's Paul. And I think 1 Cor 7 is an ideal. But we live in a fallen world (the standard excuse) and we have a loving and compassionate God (the Sunday School answer) and I'm kinda pissed at my friend who is insisting that I think and pray and get back to her with my thoughts on it.
Having done my thinking and praying and making my peace with my Lord before I made the decisions I did, I was hoping for a little more understanding to be coming from that quarter...

Anyhoo

If you have sparks or indeed fires of speculation, you could always come out and ask ;)

Oh. And I'm coming to Melbs!!!!

email me STAT!

18/8/08 10:09 am  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Many years ago, when a large and fairly conservative church went insane and let me write their monthly newsletter, my mates and I published a list of top 10 reasons for skipping small group.

My favourite, which I have used a few times since, was "The Apostle Paul and I do not always agree".

You're coming to Melbs? I shall email.

18/8/08 9:07 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

Oh man! My Facebook status now reads "Actonb and the Apostle Paul do not always agree..."

You, my dear friend, are awesome indeed!

Email received. We shall synchronise swatches...(tis a new Olympic Event)

18/8/08 10:17 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I don't have a watch, people.

* narrows eyes *

24/8/08 7:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home