Friday, June 20, 2008

Post-lunch brain-drain

A few things to add to general discussion:

* I found more LPs (when I visited my parents' place and rifled through their record collection, currently housed in my old yellow toy box): MJ 'Bad', The Bangles 'Different Light', De La Soul '3 Feet High and Rising' and The Proclaimers 'Sunshine on Leith'. I do believe that brings my total record collection to 15! Woot! I rock!

* I'm taking my baby girl to her first gig tonight - to see Kimya Dawson at Manning Bar. She's ultra excited, I'm ultra excited, there shall be squeeing indeed.

* Clare Bowditch comes to Bulli next week and I have tickets. Come, let us all rejoice.

* Claypots: They can get hot when placed in a hot oven. Hotness + damp towel = really really sore hand. Der.

* However, contents of aforementioned claypot turned out to be awesome... It was one of those 'I just made this up' recipes - Pork spareribs, or rashers or whatever you want to call them, cooked with roasted capsicum and fresh tomato and left for an hour or so... so so good, even the twins who are quite averse to the whole 'meat' idea, or rather 'anything that requires any degree of commitment to chewing' at the moment, were gobbling it up.

* I have a super-fun day of curtain-making tomorrow. It's going to be, um, frenzied? What with all that cutting and hemming that needs to be done down in Berry. Grrrr....

* I'm thinking about doing a further cull of Facebook friends - and then updating my details to include a link to this here little old blog - not too sure why. I guess to some extent I feel more secure now in my indentity/anonymity/whateverity than I did pre-separation. Which is odd, and furthermore makes No Sense. But I'm kinda going with the flow. I may regret this later.

* Excel: It does more than you think it does.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never heard of kimya dawson????


(....and i'm hip y'know)

so who is he/she???

20/6/08 10:16 pm  
Blogger killerrabbit said...

Excel is one of my favourite programs ever. Microsoft got it so right! Amazing.

I hope you love Clare Bowditch as well - I am still jealous that you are going and I am all pregnant and not up to going to see her at the Corner Hotel and standing up all night. My waddling legs just wouldn't cope.

21/6/08 6:37 pm  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

You own a Bangles album? Awesome, this means I'm not the only person who still owns one.

Re claypots, I have an incredible number of burns resulting frommy failure to remember that there are some things that I cannot simply take out of the oven without the need for a teatowel or oven mitts or anything other than my bare hands.

I'm sure I'll catch on eventually

21/6/08 9:50 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

ponder - heh. Kimya is a folk-ish kinda singer who did most of the soundtrack for the movie Juno. She's quirky. And was actually kinda dirgeful on Friday night and Miss M crashed bigtime, she's not used to late nights poor lamb.

KR - oh my love! It's good to have you back! I hope I love Clare too... I'm quite quite sure I will though. And I shall think of you and your legs and the ever-growing lump!

INC - I was listening to my Bangles greatest hits CD the other day, and you know it totally rocks!
Re common sense - apparently it doesn't come with age. This is most unfortunate.

22/6/08 11:26 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I LOVE KIMYA DAWSON.

SO JEALOUS THAT MY FIRST GIG (IN CONTRAST TO MISS M'S) WAS GOANNA.

I'm going to stop shouting now.

Hee.

23/6/08 10:19 am  
Blogger Thursday's Child said...

I am so jealous you are going to see Clare. SO JEALOUS.

23/6/08 11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home