Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mandatory Reporting

I am a big fat enabler, a pusher even, of illegality.

I must come here and lay my burden down, admit my sin and beg the forgiveness, or at least the understanding of my peers...

I have been downloading tv from the interwebs (um ah...)

and if that weren't bad enough, this evening I toddled off downstairs to enjoy myself some iniquity (with a cup of tea and a lemon tartlet to sustain me) of the Gossip Girl variety (Bloody Chesty - she's been haranguing me to watch GG and I finally succumbed to the Peer Pressure)... but I was waylaid en route to the study by Miss M. She knew that I had downloaded the Dr Who Children in Need special and demanded that I initiate her in the ways of the tv-on-the-puter viewingness.

I hesitated for barely a moment before agreeing to let her watch just this one tiny ep, a snippet that would do her no harm, and besides, it's not like the ABC will ever show the Children In Need special...

Before I knew it, Miss H was also ensconced in the comfy chair of Swivel and they were hooked. The CiN Special was over in what seemed like seconds and they were hungry for more, refusing to go to bed until I had supplied them with more pilfered Dr Who...

And what's a poor beleaguered yet indulgent single mother to do??? Sit and watch the Dr Who Christmas Special with them, that's what! The Special Guest-Star was Kylie Minogue - 'Gee Kylie looks old' says I 'and what an odd accent she's using'... 'Who's Kylie Minogue' says Miss H... Which made me feel every inch the tea-drinking, biscuit-nibbling, slipper-wearing OLD PERSON that I so obviously am...

Anyhoo - they're hooked, and not listening to reason and demanding that they watch MORE Dr Who tomorrow...

What have I created?????

7 Comments:

Blogger Mountjoy said...

I can see Bandwidth issues and ISP "shaping" in your future, AB. Even all-you-can-eat plans shape sooner or later.

It is not a pleasant expereince to have blown your download limit on day 3 of a 30 day billing period. I know this pain and now manage it with caution.

9/5/08 10:06 am  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I think I want a job where I can put

"enabler of illegality"

on my business card.

9/5/08 3:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And ..... did you watch it?

10/5/08 1:00 pm  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

After ten years of persuading Magistrates to put criminals back on teh streets, I'm pretty sure that I actually could put "enabler of illegality" on my business card.

I suggested it in last week's staff meeting but my boss got all hung up on issues like 'sending the wrong message' etc.

10/5/08 9:55 pm  
Blogger Leilani said...

I am depserate to watch the Dr Who Christmas special. But I need some directions...

12/5/08 2:28 pm  
Blogger Femikneesm said...

Shaping is, in fact, a form of hell on earth.

14/5/08 4:52 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

Donnie - Ah, I ma yet to hit that point, but I just got a new ISP and deliberately made sure I increased my DL limit.

GW - I think you should just get yourself some handsome Calling Cards specially engraved with 'enabler of illegality' and leave them at all your friend's houses after calling on them...

Miss E - I did indeed, as well you know...

INC - I thought that was the Actual Definition of a Defence Lawyer...

Leilani - I shall send you a linky link and whatnot...

fem - huh? confused...

20/5/08 10:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home