Sunday, May 04, 2008

stuffing

My brain seems incapable of formulating more than a sentence at a time, so dot-pointy goodness shall have to suffice until I Get Things Together (somewhat more than they are at the moment, obvs...)

* Happiness is being elbow-deep in tomatoes - skinning, seeding, chopping - making roasted tomato sauce for spinach & ricotta cannelloni for my girls.

* Said Happiness is increased at least six-fold if there are not one but two curries simmering away on the stove for later in the week...

* Musing... Is it your pre-menstrual state or are they just being a dick?

* I've been dancing around my kitchen like some demented Hillsonger to Jars of Clay's Redemption Songs, arms in the air, praising my Lord... because it's right, dammit. And because I am. Redeemed. By His Blood.

So there.

* Tiny Steps for womanhood this week, in my world anyways... I mowed the lawns, cleared up the carcass (mostly feathers as it turns out) of a generic Bird that was dragged into Slaughterhouse 5 (aka the downstairs bathroom), and cleaned the fish tank. All of these usually being MrB's jobs, and subject to clear demarkation. "I don't need no stinking man" may or may not have gone through my head as I did these things...

* The above line may or may not be construed as gloating by a certain person and I request he takes it in the dot-pointy spirit in which it was written. ie, chill the fuck out.

* Proof that the Sadness manifest in me knows no bounds: I saw the news about the SYTYCD tour and squeeeed. Out loud. Very very loudly. Belt-tightening? What belt-tightening? Chesty, do you know of anything of this 'belt-tightening'?????

* Today I had more than one close encounter of the Red Back kind. And while being momentarily struck by how beautiful a spider they are, I didn't hesitate to kill them.Which kinda makes me sad/ freaked out/ determined not to buy any more plantpots with spider-house-sized lips in equal measures.

* In super amazing awesome news, a dress that I thought I had given to charity a year or so ago, I discovered in the linen trunk in my room today. I had obviously decided said dress was to be handed down to my daughters, being a gorgeous charcoal grey wool shift type number. The awesome amazingness comes due to the fact that I now fit into said dress again, for the first time since the very very brief period between weaning Miss M and falling pregnant with Miss H.

* I shall be rocking it, oh yes I shall. Girls (you know who you are), lets organise a drinks/dancing thang pronto!


...and now my bestest friend in the whole wide world is on the phone so I must away....

12 Comments:

Blogger Mex said...

assuming i am one of those 'Girls' i agree! yes lets!

and i think this was a fabulous post. you are getting on and getting things done and are obviously basking in the glorious sense of achievement that you alone have given yourself. big ups Miss AB. xxx

5/5/08 11:03 am  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I can't wear grey.

Also I am commencing a sulk now, because I'm assuming aforementioned dancing isn't happening anywhere in my vicinity, or that I am even invited.

Damn it, when will scientists perfect teleportation technology?????

5/5/08 3:03 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

Miss Mexicola, of course you are one of Those Girls!

GW, you could also be one of Those Girls if you resided in the same state at least... but maybe I should organise dancing opportunities closer to you...?
And you could totally wear this grey - it's almost black.

5/5/08 3:17 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

do you guys have badges, or just a secret handshake?

5/5/08 3:59 pm  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

I know I'm not one of Those Girls, but I've come to accept that.

Excellent work on the selection of songs of Jars of Clay. I've been rocking out to Rebecca St James lately, which is vaguely concerning, but the Jars have also been getting a look in and this can only be good.

5/5/08 8:14 pm  
Blogger liesdonotbecomeus said...

hmmmm, is someone a bit self-conscious about gloating? I certainly didn't think it was.
ps Welcome Back
pps you still can't reach the stuff on the top shelves.

6/5/08 10:41 am  
Blogger Mex said...

notice how i am the only one of 'those girls' who bothers to visit anymore??? and g'wick is more than welcome! yay!

7/5/08 2:08 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

I have noticed mex... i see everything *head turns like Woody in Toy Story*

therefore I think the dancing and drinks should be pretty exclusive! Although Miss W seems like she needs hugs and the like right now too.

And GW is always welcome, I agree...

Lies - true. I cannot reach the top shelf. Or the middle shelf for that matter. I do however have some steps, so I'm sorted. As they say.

INC - *splutters* Rebecca St James???? You do realise that Misses M & H listen to RSJ??? And that even they are starting to outgrow her...
And now that I'm done mocking I'm happy to offer you honorary membership of the Those Girls club...

7/5/08 3:43 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/5/08 3:43 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

heh - if not for the exorbitant cost associated with me attending a casual drinks night (I just checked*, around $300 to get there and back) I would so be there.


* believe it (or not) I was checking out airfares for a completel different reason. No, REALLY.

7/5/08 6:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 'tiny steps in womanhood' made me laugh.

(i can picture my dear wife saying this most friday mornings when i have forgotten to put the bins out)

7/5/08 9:17 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

I remember that dress...he hee..just a bit jealous. Jen

7/5/08 10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home