Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Every Day With Randomness

I love and Adore Blondie - I may have discussed this on one or two occasions before (I'm wondering whether I've also discussed my inability to spell occasssionss? Cos it always looks wrong, even when spelled correctly... and I'm pretty sure it's not correct in either of these instances)

Anyways, Blondie. Love.

What I don't love however, is her need to insert random Frenchness into her songs*. Tis very wankful and annoying particularly when French is one of the languages I chose NOT to learn at school, therefore leaving me with no option but to sing along basically going 'blahdy blahdy blah' in a Frarnch accent.

Although, while randomly choosing to speak in a French accent for periods of time ranging from 2 minutes to an entire afternoon is something I have been known to do, at least I know that I'm doing in jest (and also maybe in an attempt to piss someone off (hmmm... could this have anything to do with my current marital problems... Discuss)) and not because I'm a dirty dirty post-punk, platinum blond Francophile hipster with a high tolerance for Wank.

Now go listen to Denis (or is that Denneeee?). You know you want to...




* And not just Denis - but bloody Sunday Girl and at least one other that I can't think of right this very second. Grrr...

8 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

And I'm in heaven every time I look at....you-oo-oo-oo-oo-oou, when you smile, it's like a dream etc.

I love that song. And can't even get upset about the French. Partly because I love to sing the word d'eternite.

A very bouncy choice there MsB.

8/4/08 7:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

paris is calling....
french kissin' in the usa

8/4/08 9:46 pm  
Blogger I.Sirius said...

Une fois que j'ai eu un amour et il est un gaz
Peu de temps s'est avéré avait un cœur de verre
Semblait être la chose réelle, seulement pour trouver
Mucho méfiance, l'amour a disparu derrière

9/4/08 9:42 am  
Blogger Mex said...

omg i love that blondie song! yay you! lets have a blondie party and all wear retarded clothes and jump up and down and pretend to sing in french!

9/4/08 9:51 am  
Blogger actonb said...

GW - tis very bouncey indeed. I'm going through a Blondie phase atm... must be the 'I am Woman' thing.

Ponder - Hee! I'd forgotten about that! See? She is obsessed.

I.Sirius - I'm ignoring you... LALALALALA.

Mex - OMG! A Blondie party sounds awesome! I may even wear a blond wig for it! Now that's saying something...

9/4/08 9:58 am  
Blogger Mountjoy said...

I think a woman could read the phone book in French and still sound sexy...

(well maybe not Pauline Hanson, but you know what I mean)

10/4/08 1:22 pm  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Do you have any thoughts on "At the end of the day" by the Baby Animals?

10/4/08 11:02 pm  
Blogger I.Sirius said...

I had a MASSIVE crush on Debbie Harry when I was five.

11/4/08 9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home