Thursday, June 05, 2008

Yo DJ!

I was sorting through my record collection last night.

Like actual vinyl, man...

It was yet another step in the gradual unravelling of a previous life.

Anyhoo, momentary angst aside, my 'collection' amounts to 11 LPs*... and what an interesting bunch they are too...

* Hothouse Flowers 'Home'
* Eurythmics 'Savage'
* Peter, Paul & Mary 'Some anniversary collection - dunno... maybe 25th?'
* Madonna 'Like a Prayer'
* Get On This! (It was an import! From 1990!)
* The Pogues 'Red Roses for Me'
* UB40 'Best of... Vol 1'
* Nik Kershaw 'Radio Musicola'
* Dexy's Midnight Runners 'Too-Rye-Ay'
* Tour of Duty Soundtracks (both 1 AND 2) (and yet... I never was allowed to actually watch Tour of Duty... go figure)

Ideas on what this collection says about me (other than I am completely confused, which is apparent to all and sundry) will be gratefully received...


* Thankfully Michael Jackson's 'Bad' LP seems to have disappeared. It's probably still at my parents house along with Bros' self-titled opus.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger I.Sirius said...

Staring at my hothouse flowers I think of you longing for home. It is a savage place now that Peter, his gay lover Paul and that slut Mary moved in on the 25th. Like a prayer I wish the Norwegian who lives next door would take his two dollar coins, coke bottle tops and death like demeanour back to the north. Shouting 'pogue mahone!" I leave to by red roses for you which really sums up the best of our relationship vol.1 and I have high hopes for vol.2. Now running for the train I get on it, slam my ipod, my radio musicola into my ears and breath too-rye-aye as I catch my humid breath.

5/6/08 2:06 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

You're a twit. You do know this don't you...?

5/6/08 2:16 pm  
Blogger I.Sirius said...

Yes Ma'am, I do.

5/6/08 2:21 pm  
Blogger Mex said...

i WAS going to comment but i dont think that i could ever ever hope to do a better job than that one up there.

if there was a prize in blog land for the best comment in response to a post then surely, for the sake of the children, then that should be it? non?

5/6/08 4:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Don't be knocking Bros' self-titled wonderLP ... It's one of the four I owned as a kid. Along with Slippery When Wet, Age of Reason and Celebrate 88!

Yeah ... I wasn't nearly as cool as you.

5/6/08 6:39 pm  
Blogger Thursday's Child said...

OOOO. Hothouse Flowers. Loved them.

Yeah, not that exciting of a comment, but it reminded me of my first albums: Platinum Blonde, Stnading in the Dark and Duran Duran, Seven and the Ragged Tiger.

Yikers.

5/6/08 7:29 pm  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

I seem to recall that my vinyl collection, which I may or may not still have somewhere, included Boom Crash Opera's "These Here are Crazy Times", also "Love an Adventure" and "Race" (both by Pseudo Echo) and whichever Seven Stories album had "Kicking Against the Bricks" on it.

Homegrown rock, we haz it.

In all the circumstances, I don't think I'll be passing comments on anyone else's vinyl collection any time soon.

5/6/08 8:22 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

Mex - please don't encourage him, it only makes it worse.

miss e - slippery when wet??? you were WAY cooler than me. I also have '1982 up in lights' somewhere...

TC, hee - have you brought said collection with you, or is it languishing in a box somewhere in Canuckistan?

INC - Psuedo Echo? I adored Pseudo Echo... But I fear that they haven't withstood the ravages of time... Please note that I have shown not the slightest interet in any of those Countdown retrospective shows...

6/6/08 2:52 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

waaaa! Where did my comment go?

6/6/08 4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home