Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Notes from a Random Tuesday

Impartial observations on The Day from Hell:

Two glasses of Limestone Coast Chardonnay (Unwooded Of course) does a perfectly acceptable dinner make...

9 year-olds: they sometimes forget to turn their brains on. This may or may not lead to the involvement of DOCS.*

10 (but almost 11, in like 2 weeks already) year olds: they see and understand a hell of a lot more than the average person would think.

Said 10 year old: she is awesome.

Said 10 year old: also allergic to ticks.

Mirenas come in ridiculously long packaging leading to much amusement for Pharmacists...

Commonwealth Health Care Cards rock!

Single Mother-hood: also rocks!

How daggy is it when 'treating oneself' is actually getting a subscription to BBC History magazine?

4 year olds sitting on one's lap, singing completely unidentifiable and toneless songs, make blogging all that specialer. Especially if they've just built you an awesome Lego tower and can spell their own names...

Musicians (but not my musician, oh ok, I guess him too sometimes.**..) can be arrogant, rude and smug on occasion.

Knowing (and to be continually affirmed that) I made the right decision: Priceless!



* It didn't, but you know it could have... Grrrrrrr.... Bloody Miss H.

** But only when in supremely uber-muso mode. Which isn't often. And which is also kinda cute. But which also requires me to not be in uber-pedant mode. It's all about the stars being in alignment, baby...

7 Comments:

Blogger Mex said...

mirena? ticks? DOCS? what has been going on down there AB??

6/8/08 11:02 am  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Never mind mirena ticks and DOCS. These are intriguing subjects to be sure, but, rather more importantly, you have a musician?

6/8/08 8:26 pm  
Blogger killerrabbit said...

so many updates to your blog and I haven't been paying attention! Lego towers and right decisions rock.

How allergic to ticks is she? Horrible swellings or straight to hospital?

7/8/08 9:16 am  
Blogger Mex said...

AND BTW i actually looked up what a Mirnea is and OMG i think there is more to you than you are telling young lady!!

7/8/08 9:22 am  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Initially, and without really thinking about it, I had assumed that a mirena had something to do with treating tick bites.

Turns out I was a bit off there, just quietly.

7/8/08 9:13 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

How do you decide musical accompaniment you will have each day, as you wander around with your very own personal musician?

As some one who also has their own personal musician, I often opt for the Magnum PI theme, as I like to have that go-getting vibe.

Nothing says "I can handle it" like some one playing cheesy 80s riffs on a vintage Fender Jaguar alongside you as you wander the streets.

I used to try and open meetings with the Darth Vader theme, but it was hard to fit the brass section into our board room.

8/8/08 5:07 pm  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

My own personal musician does an awesome rendition of Kansas' "Dust in the Wind" but I've never been quite sure which work, or social situation, that one is best suited to.

8/8/08 10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home