Tuesday, December 13, 2022

OK, FINE Emily

 When it's been a whole 10 years since I turned this thing back on, it's a sure sign the world is a mess. Twitter is a dumpster fire. FB is, look whatever even is FB anymore? Insta is nice if it is carefully curated and full of food and plants and absent daughters.


God, I even had to google 'how find your old blog'. It was easier than I expected, maybe that is a sign? OR maybe that is Emily manifesting it, who knows? the universe is peculiar place.

Quick catch up! My kids are now all adults! The twins have just finished High School! Only Atti, the baby who was 6 when last I blogged, is still at school and about to start Year 11! Andrew is a school psychologist! 

Oddly, Things have Happened in a decade. Who knew?

(Also I don't know why I did that catch-up when the only people who read this already know this stuff. Self-involved much Nicola?)


~ ~ ~ ~

Reading back through some posts, I noticed that I had a lot more words a decade ago. A LOT more words. Maybe the words were frittered away over the years. Maybe they were used up, in anger and in pain and in confusion. Maybe we are allotted a certain amount of words in one lifetime. Maybe they've been hidden, swept under the carpet, accidentally caught up with life's detritus. Maybe they've snuck away, neglected and rejected and hurt, waiting forlornly in a mousehole in my mind. Maybe, perhaps, hopefully, they can be coaxed back? 


~ ~ ~ ~

Look, I don't know. My mind is mush. That single paragraph made my brain hurt. It doesn't like working much anymore.

4 Comments:

Anonymous gigglewick said...

I love you. I'm so glad you're back x

13/12/22 12:39 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

But for how long? Who knows... Could be another decade.

13/12/22 2:58 pm  
Blogger Hill upon Hill said...

Nice to read your blog again.

10/8/23 7:39 pm  
Anonymous Ewa said...

The fact that this still works is wild to me. ANYWAY, hi.

7/9/23 7:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home