Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Overheard in Fairy Meadow* KFC**

Customer Service Drone #1:
Dude! You like totally so stole all my chips!

CSD #2:
Dude! OMG! I'm so sorry. I'm so not there today.
And they're like totally the wrong chips anyway...

Actonb:
"?"
*****

CSD #2:
*ineffectually spraying tables, waving cloth in table's general direction*

MissM:
He's not wiping the table properly... Look! Look Mum! He's just swished it, it's not clean AT ALL! He's going to get into trouble, not cleaning tables properly like that...

Actonb:
"?"
*****

MissH (randomly at random intervals during the 'meal')
"Why is it called a wrapstar? It doesn't have any pointy bits! It's not a proper star"
"Why are those people walking down the beach (on a promo picture)? This isn't a beach..."
"Why is that guy cleaning tables?"

*****

MrB:
You know there's no potato in the potato-and-gravy. It's just Deb. There's no potato AT ALL.

*****

Actonb:
Kill Me. Please.


* Not as glamorous as New York or London, to be sure... but I takes what I can get...
** Will no-one rid me of this troublesome addiction?

8 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

I took Grizzlewick to Red Rooster on the weekend (my mistake) and we stood at the counter for five minutes while the waitrons tried to figure out what this week's "toy" was.

We decided it was an "alien car", but this was entirely arbitrary.

11/12/07 5:05 pm  
Blogger Original Mel said...

I have had KFC but 3 times in my life. And despite being promised every time by the friend who drags me in there it will be better than last time, I do not like it. KFC, Schmay FC I say...

11/12/07 8:37 pm  
Blogger Mex said...

my god i love your kids sooooo much.

12/12/07 9:16 am  
Blogger Mountjoy said...

Fast food is the work of the devil.

The spotty teens who work in such places are his disciples.

That something so bad for you can have such a strong draw is proof of this.

I can see Miss M heading toward a role in management with her cleaning critique. Miss H, however, is clearly a thinker, and philosophy will suit her more. Mr B gets no points at all for stating the obvious - that fast food is related to actual food by name only.

12/12/07 9:40 am  
Blogger Mex said...

did you get LOST in Fairy Meadow KFC? if so, can you please send me a signal of some kind so i can come and rescue you? this lack of blogging will clearly not do!

18/12/07 11:54 am  
Blogger redcap said...

Ahahahahah! That's hilarious! I just said to my boss the other day, "Holy god, man! What are you doing to yourself?!" (He was hoovering "potato" and gravy at the time.) He pointed out that it was proof against colds and other bugs and I should try it sometime.

19/12/07 11:05 pm  
Blogger Mountjoy said...

Is it just me, or is this chicken getting a tad cold?

2/1/08 1:58 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

GW - see, you are an awesome parent, and not cut from the same 'Evil Parent' cloth as me. I do not allow such things as 'toys' when buying Fast Food. It's apple slices and OJ all the way.

MWUHAHAHAHA (etc)

OMel - I keep realising I don't like it much either, but only AFTER the temporary amnesia.

Mex - you want them? They're going cheap!

Mountjoy - I agree with you re the 'Of Satan' thing. Also, if you knew Miss M you would know the Middle-Management is her ultimate destination. She is the bossiest, most officious little thing in existence. After her mother that is.

Mex - We went to Perth. It's a long way. But we're back now (obvs)

red - It's probably something they eat on the space station, but seriously has NO PLACE on earth.

9/1/08 2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home