Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Update -

As my Dad has flown over to the UK to be with his mum, I AM the damn family business and December is gearing up to be the busiest month in an extremely busy year.

Her tumour was benign but is now showing signs of malignacy. She is being moved into a hospice. We have nothing left but to wait...

The 20 minute commute is good. Very very good.

The coffee ops, not so good.

Road Trip planning coming on apace.

Head so not right, hence lack of blogging. I don't seem able to compose a meaningful sentence let alone an entire post. Also, thoughts and inspiration take up fleeting residence in my brain and then skedaddle the instant I vaguely contemplate committing finger to keyboard.

Man, the 21st century is unpoetic.

Jane Eyre made me cry. Jane Eyre always makes me cry. Maybe it's the fact that I too was a small, dark, plain and studious child, and grew up to be a small, dark, plain and studious woman. Oh! But Reader! She married him...

erm, that's it. See? I told you my attention span has contracted to that of a gnat.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mizanthrop said...

Jayne Eyre made me cry too, despite being constantly distracted by the life-of-its-own antics of the actress' (Ruth Wilson) mouth.

But then I'm a sucker for any frilly frock romance.

Also my thoughts and best wishes for you and yours with your Nanny's illness. I want to say something comforting, but everything seems like trite or condescending platitudes, so know that the thought was there even if my words are not.

hugs.

4/12/07 4:44 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

* hugs from me too *

4/12/07 9:58 pm  
Blogger Mex said...

which jane eyre are you watching? can i watch one too? seems like just the thing for a day like today when all you want to do is curl up and sleep.

hugs from me too and apologies for being so...um... away. but im back now :) xxx

5/12/07 10:12 am  
Blogger meva said...

I didn't get to see Jane Eyre. I missed the first episode as I was frolicking away from 'technology'. But isn't she a bit of a snooty bint? I didn't really like her in the book. I don't think you're like her at all, AB.

8/12/07 8:11 pm  
Blogger redcap said...

Sorry you're blocked. I hate that! And sorry to hear about your grandparent. Imagine though the wait when you are the one who is truly waiting.

Oh dear - I just couldn't love this Jane Eyre. Jane was trout-mouthed. I can forgive an inappropriate Jane if there's a good Rochester, but I didn't even like him. If it's any consolation, I've never seen a screen Jane Eyre which which I've been happy. I did see a play when I was 16 and never-been-kissed where I contemplated the incredible depth of a stage kiss when you might never have had the real thing, but that was the last time a JE touched me. The first time I read the book, I cannot tell you the tears that were shed. Reader, there were buckets! But then a horrid feminist lecturer at uni got to me and ruined everyting with her wretched discussions of what the red room really meant. Gasp! I ran away to Jane Austen and haven't been back to a Bronte (except Anne's Tennant of Wildfell Hall) since.

9/12/07 9:52 pm  
Blogger Leilani said...

Sorry, missed all this - hope things are going ok. You know you're all grown up when you start worrying about your parents/grandparents more than they worry about you.

12/12/07 10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home