Friday, November 16, 2007

Square and slightly Sore Arse

The SYTYCD recaps are finally done and dusted.

Phew.

I love the show, but seriously, how many times can I use 'awesome' as the most appropriate adjective???

I had a most surreal experience last night - I was at a committee meeting for this conference next year, which was being held in the bistro of the Appin Hotel - and I was watching SYTYCD... with no sound, and with technical babble/industry gossip in my ears. As well as the constant refrain of 'Actonb! Stop watching that!'

Because I have a complete inability to NOT watch a TV if it's on in a room. I can't ignore it. It doesn't matter what's on, my eye is drawn to it like a moth to a flame... Very annoying. Unless it's SYTYCD, in which case it's not annoying at all. Frustrating, yes. Annoying, no. Completely rude to the company I'm with, maybe...

Now it's over for the season and I've got to pin my hopes on the Aussie series... I'm fearful it will be a terrible disappointment, not least because of the lack of Cat.

And now, I must eat... or I shall waste away to a mere shadow of my self.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

I have that exact same problem. I work in a news office and there are TVs everywhere, often with different shows on, and if I don't have complete control over my wandering eyes they end up glued to the screen.

The Aus SYTYCD* will be excellent, I refuse to believe that it won't be.

*that's a difficult acronym, I've decided

16/11/07 5:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh brother!!!

the only australian series i'm lookin forward to is the one day cricket!!!

16/11/07 8:52 pm  
Blogger Jacob said...

Boooooooooooring.

17/11/07 2:06 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

I'll second Jacob's boorrrring.

Sorry, I am not a fan of the cricket. But many of my friends are ;)

The aus SYTYCD better had be good, and I've got some goss about it already which gives me hope...

17/11/07 2:13 pm  
Blogger redcap said...

Heavens above, what are you going to do with yourself now?!

17/11/07 8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home