Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And she's back...



I'm baaaccckkk.

And you know that a phrase has finally filtered down to the very depths of the communal consciousness when people like me start quoting Jack Nicholson/ The Shining without having

a) ever seen the movie or read the book or

b) ever having any intention of doing so...



*shivers*



Speaking of scary shiveriness, Supernatural did not disappoint last night... I've missed my boys! And I missed their triumphant return last week too... but they made up for it last night with utter utter utter freakiness. Plus, you know, daylight shots which are always a bonus.

*sigh* My boys are back...



I loved Malaysia - loved meeting new people, loved hanging out, loved learning stuff. It was an all-together empowering week, on so many different levels. I'm glad I went, and it wasn't just about the noodles. Although they were an very important, nay, essential component of the trip.

It was about stepping outside of my comfort zone *Dixie Chicks now playing on continuous loop in my head*, standing on my own two feet, and a whole bunch more cliches along the same theme - namely that I may actually start getting taken a little more seriously around the place.

I also got to rant about politics to numerous lovely people - what???? They asked first!!!!! This election seems to be causing a great deal of interest in Asia... And ranting, well, it always makes me happy - and captive audiences just make it all that much sweeter.

But the sweetest, sweetest thing would be the RM113 ($37) bill at Airport Duty-Free - the combined total for 1L Finlandia and 1L Bombay Sapphire...

I'm headed back there soon, oh yes I am!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your little presentation went well i hope...sounds like you had a ball.

yeh for duty free!!!!
(you been back, what two days...is there any left??)

23/10/07 7:06 pm  
Blogger Thursday's Child said...

Ooo, nice duty free bill!

Now, I hate to say I told you so but: I KNEW YOU WOULD BE GREAT.

So so glad it went well.

23/10/07 7:48 pm  
Blogger March of the Crab said...

I heart Supernatural. I'm not normally one to have nightmares after watching telly, but I did last night.

23/10/07 9:01 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

headed back to KL....? Or back to the duty free shop?

Or, tantalisingly.....BOTH????

23/10/07 9:04 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

LB - heh. No, they've been safely stowed in the liquor cabinet till I finished the bog standard Gordons in the freezer. Which I'd better hurry up and drink!

W - IT WAS FAB! Just like you said, Obi Wan...
And... wanna come down and share the gin???

Miffy - I was actually lying - I didn't watch Supernatural. I sat in the room while it was on, with my fingers in my ears and my eyes closed. CREEPY CHILDREN FREAK ME OUT! (Like, more than my own...)

GW... ahhhh... well, maybe you're right!!!

24/10/07 5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home