Monday, September 17, 2007

The Good Life

Was it not the most glorious weekend?

Bright and sunny and warm, reminding me yet again that Spring is my favourite time of the year. Pleasant but not ridiculously hot.

Frabjous day, calloooh callay etc.

So I let the sun go my head and started channeling Felicity Kendall in a big way. I didn't go blonde and adorable (much to MrB's annoyance - he luurrves Felicity K), but I did buy a whole heap of tomato, cucumber, lettuce and snow pea plants, so we can go all self-sustainable.

For, like, salads.

But it's a start!

So we planted plants. We weeded'n'feeded. Which prompted a discussion about the vagaries of the English language - because I tried to say we'd 'wed'n'fed' but we hadn't. We'd weeded'n'fed. Stupid, stupid stupidness. I am SO glad it's my mother tongue because I'd be stuffed trying to learn it!

And then... drama!

Because Inigo has caught a couple more rabbits in the last few days (prompting Miss H's question "Daddy, did you not realise an animal has been torn to shreds in the bathroom?") I bought him (the cat, Donnie) a new collar with a chunky big bell attached. He was sunning himself in the garden when I grabbed him to fasten on the collar, and during the resultant struggle I noticed a tick sticking out of his head, just above his eye. We tried to get it out, but to no avail, so MrB had to rush my Schminigo off to the vet, leaving me sobbing and stressing and generally carrying on like the drama queen I am.


It was like this, but white and freakier-looking



He's OK.

Phew!

It turns out he's probably been building up an immunity to iocaine powder over the last few years.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

I used the good weather to:

1. chop down a climbing rose
2. help Mr Fix rearrange our garage
3. create a pile of garden clippings as tall as me
4. Gaze wistfully at the spot which will become my new vegetable garden.

Nice work MsB (apart from the vet drama).

17/9/07 7:40 pm  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

I used the good weather to go to a two year old's birthday party, ride on a steam train and do a few other things that will probably end up on WDTAOK when I find the time to post.

17/9/07 9:52 pm  
Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Also, very relieved that the Drama of Ticks ended happily.

17/9/07 9:53 pm  
Blogger Mountjoy said...

1/. What the hell is Mr B doing wearing a collar (oh, funny religious comeback is optional to that question!)

2/. Doesn't he feel a bit silly wearing a bell, too?

3/. Why the vet, and not a hospital. Poor man must have Lyme Disease....

18/9/07 9:37 am  
Blogger killerrabbit said...

I am an advocate for Advocat.

Did you see that? Aren't I witty.

Anyway, no ticks, fleas or other horrible things with a once a month drop of the neck treatment.

18/9/07 7:38 pm  
Blogger redcap said...

But A, it's only a tick. So long as you has tick-killer-stuff, it's OK. The tick dies. I was patting the lovely half-African-wildcat kitty in South Africa earlier in the year and found a tick, but it was dead because of the tick-killer-stuff. If they've had the stuff, they're dead and pulling them out doesn't leave their heads behind and leave our fluffy little babies prone to infection. ~nods enthusiastically~

18/9/07 10:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah! gotta love spring, have to mow the lawn every freakin weekend, clean the spa every night - blossoms might look pretty & smell nice, but when they fall in my spa they piss me off - get woken up by all manner of sweet little newly hatched birds at the crack of dawn, wife has to get new summer outfits, wife starts looking at outdoor cinema guide, wife wants to go to cafes...yep i love spring.

19/9/07 5:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home