Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Faux Foodie

.... And in a jump to the left, right back into the banality that is C&C, I just wanna know,

For someone who professes to be such a foodie, why does crappy crappy junk food hold such desirability for me?

Case in point: Tuesday night being Two-for-one at Pizza Hut we will occasionally succumb to the easy option (especially, if like last night, there has been a run of 2am finishes (MrB had a uni assignment due) and dinner just seems too damn hard). MrB, coz he's the bestest husband ever as well as understanding my penchant for bones-covered-in-sauciness, ordered me a 6 pack of Saucy Wings along with the usual 2 pizzas. I finished said wings (but refrained from the BBQ Meat Lovers (Miss M's choice - blergh)) and promptly got back on the phone to order a 12 pack.

WHY??????

Especially when I woke up this morning feeling crappy as, due to a combination of: surfeit of saucy wings (and their associated preservatives and artificial add-ons), a leetle too much grenache and too little sleep. The lack of sleep I have only myself to blame for unfortunately - I was finishing the SYTYCD recap and got to bed at 12:45... whoops!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

* raises hand, hangs head *

I ate Hungry Jack's last night.

I'm so sorry.

27/9/07 1:57 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

My Dad has a strange obsession with Hungry Jacks. He refuses to eat at Maccas, but will make major detours in order to eat at HJs.

Weird.

27/9/07 2:39 pm  
Blogger Cinema Minima said...

Give me convenience or give me death!

27/9/07 2:49 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

I like to pretend that there are vegetables in their burgers (true) and that that makes them less horrid than Mcdonalds (false).

27/9/07 4:58 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

Pubman - hee - there are definitely days when convenience wins over everyhting - taste included!

GW - But it IS true. The salad means it's totally healthy. Much like th baby spinach leaves on the Maccas Backyard Burger...

27/9/07 5:09 pm  
Blogger Leilani said...

I never get tempted by hamburger joints but I fool myself that taking the family to a cheap Vietnamese restaurant where we stuff our guts with spring rolls and fried chicken wings is somehow the 'healthier' option.

3/10/07 11:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home