Friday, October 20, 2006

I don't discriminate, I hate everyone equally.

Inigo brought home another rat. And while waiting for us to return to admire his hunting prowess he got a little peckish. So he had a nibble on the rat. In the downstairs bathroom. For the third time this week.

MrB is getting quite sick of picking up rat bits.

Inigo doesn't like kidney, either rat or rabbit.

My question for the day is: why don't I care about the poor widdle baby rats that are being slaughtered on a daily basis by Inigo the Killing Machine (TM). And why do I go into paroxysms of grief over the baby rabbits being deaded. And insist that we save them, and keep them all in a happy house of rabbityness.

Baby Rabbit
Baby Rat

Am I a cruel specieist or what????

8 Comments:

Blogger Mountjoy said...

No, AB, you have been brainwashed like a North Korean child bride. You look at a rat/mouse and think ewwwwww! germs! vermin! You look at a rabbit and think toilet paper ads. bugs bunny. easter. wot's up, doc?

If you were a farming gal who grew up seeing them as crop destroying bastards, you'd happily use a shovel on Bugs' calicivirus ridden head like there was no tommorrow...

20/10/06 10:13 am  
Blogger killerrabbit said...

Are there lots of wild rabbits near you AB? My pommie husband thinks that wild rabbits in Australia are a myth as he hasn't ever seen any - I will bring him up to visit you!

Does Inigo wear a bell?

20/10/06 11:15 am  
Blogger Mex said...

at least he isnt killing parrots and birds like our cat used to do.

it was OK when it was a Mynah bird, but a devastating loss to the environment when it was a lorikeet.

and you think youre a speciest? im an Aveist.

20/10/06 12:01 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

KR - there are heaps of rabbits in the reserve behind us. Feral white ones, as well as your common-or-garden brown ones. We now have 2 of each.

Mex - I wish we could teach him to only eat rats and mynahs and then I'd be happy. Unfortunately Inigo likes to share his love equally among all species. He's gracious like that.

Donnie - I think it's because I had a pet rabbit. He was called Florence and I adored him. But we also had pet mice, so I don't have a problem with rodents per se.

20/10/06 12:19 pm  
Blogger Mountjoy said...

I think calling a male rabbit "Florence" trawls up a whole new set of issues, myself...

20/10/06 1:12 pm  
Blogger mushroom said...

but that baby rat does look ever so cute

20/10/06 1:27 pm  
Blogger actonb said...

yes well obviously we though he was a girl. Until he got Alice (my sister's white rabbit) pregnant, and we had to quickly donate Alice to the primary school.
It's a Magic Roundabout reference for you.

20/10/06 2:17 pm  
Blogger Mountjoy said...

Where's Dougal?

20/10/06 2:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home